Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sara Meleah

Our precious Sara turned 3 on Saturday. (I have pictures to share but won't get them up until my next post). It is like she suddenly grew up. Like she knew she turned 3. Her language exploded and her ability to comprehend more things has improved. We had a party for her at the apartment. We had hamburgers, French fries, broccoli, and oranges. Then we had cupcakes for dessert with lots of icing on them. We bought lots of cupcakes on purpose and after her party we shared them with the neighborhood kids. This helped us meet some more people in our new community. If you asked Mya about it she would tell you that we sold our cupcakes. I can't get her to understand that we shared them...not sold them. Oh well! The girls have made many new friends. We have kids knocking on our door all the time wanting to play with Mya and Sara. One friend is here right now watching A Barbie movie. I have enjoyed the fellowship. The only strange thing here is that I never see the parents of the kids. I don't really have the opportunity to meet other moms. They don't leave their apartments to socialize. Hospitality is a bit different in this area. And we are the minority with our race. But the kids have been Fun so I just focus on them and am glad to invite them in my home.

Dan started work on Monday. We have had him around for two weeks now and have gotten quite attached. Mya cried as soon as we dropped him off at work. She cried the whole way home. Which made me cry. Sara cried at the breakfast table because she thought it was still her birthday
and found out that it wasn't. There is a lot of estrogen in this house some days. Dan is liking his job at the Porterville hospital. Aparently the nurses told his co-worker that he is very nice to look at. I just smiled and felt proud. I have to agree with them.

Each day I am reminded of how much God designed for this experience to happen. Our little family is being knit closer together every day. I am loving the time that I have with the girls each day. At home I was occupied with so much multiple-tasking. Here...I am just a mom and I say that with great pride. The girls have my undivided attention and I am realizing how important that is for them. I have learned so much about each of their personalities just from being here for a week. I love who God is designing them to be. There are some funny moments. Just the other day Mya was helping me find the library in town. She said, "Mom, all you have to do is find the mountains and drive towards them." She is very insightful. Then there is Sara who tinkled on the floor at Kohl's today while I was trying on sunglasses. She is a hoot. She might be potty trained when she turns four.

All in all we are doing well and learning a lot about ourselves and our faith and how our little family unit works. I should have some pictures up this weekend because we will have some kind of adventure or trip on Saturday with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment