Saturday, June 4, 2011

Princess Jasmine

We have settled. These past couple days have been a whirlwind. I find that I have moments of fear when I realize what we are actually doing. Being away from the comforts of home can be very overwhelming at times. But I find myself being taken right back to where I need to be...on my knees, literally, in prayer. Asking Jesus to show me his will for our life. And asking for peace and comfort on this journey. Yesterday I hit exhaustion from lack of sleep. I was able to get a wonderful nap and that made such a difference. We put the girls to sleep for naps and Dan did all the laundry for me while I slept. He took care of making some phone calls and gave me a great nap time. Today I am feeling revived and ready to start a new day. We were going to go hiking today but it is raining. The locals say that the weather they are experiencing is quite unusual this time of year. It is in the low 70's and gets cold at night. We are a little bummed because we have a pool at our apartment complex. The girls have used it once and froze. They were literally shaking when we took them out of the water. Hopefully it warms up in the next month or so so the girls can get some good swim time in. In researching our living area, we have discovered that we will be taking weekend trips because the sightseeing stuff is a good 2 or 3 hours away. We plan on seeing San Francisco and Montara Beach sometime soon. So those of you who would like to come visit us in California might want to wait and see where our next placement is. We hope to be closer to more things.

Last night I cooked a meal for our family for the first time in about 3 weeks. I didn't necessarily miss cooking, but I missed providing for my family in that way. There is much truth to knowing the way God designed women to be. As a mom, I feel made to provide with preparing meals and cleaning and taking care of the home. Much in the same way that Dan feels he needs to provide financially. It was wonderful to share a hot meal and do dishes and tidy up the kitchen. I never thought I would be saying that. It is like it was part of what I needed to feel complete in our home. I borrowed my neighbor's vacuum this morning and swept
the floor. It felt good to do that too!

Last night we met the community in our apartment complex. They all hang out in the evenings so we introduced ourselves. The girls met a nice friend right away. She is a 10 year old girl named Jasmine and fell in love with Mya and Sara. The girls decided to name her Princess Jasmine and ask to see her all the time. I am praying for a great ministry opportunity with her. That would be neat. Tomorrow we check out a local church...hoping to do some networking there and find things to do with the girls during the week.

1 comment: