Friday, June 17, 2011

Blueberry Picking

We have found some great things to do in the community while Dan is at work during the day. There are so many unique places to visit. Today we went to a park in a town about 15 minutes from our apartment. In the middle of the park they have a wading pool for kids 7 and under. It kind of looks like a mini lazy river. It even has a lifeguard. The kids swam for two hours. All of that fun for $2!

This morning we went blueberry picking. The girls and I picked 3 pounds of blueberries. Sara and Mya each had their own baskets for picking. Mya did great with filling up her bucket, but Sara had some trouble. Every time she put a blueberry in the bucket she would pull it back out and eat it. I finally decided to scare her into not eating anymore because she was quite counter productive. I told her that if she ate anymore she would have diarrhea. Next thing I know she was standing in the middle of the field, with very wet pants from peeing herself, yelling, "Oh no...I am having diarrhea!"



Tonight we explored the town of Lindsay and experienced their version of a Farmers Market. Their version is more like a street fair, which made it fun for the kids. It happens every Friday night through the summer. The best part is the Mexican food. I had a burrito that was huge and I ate every bit of it. The girls and Dan enjoyed a grape shaved ice. They have a fountain in the center of the square and for whatever reason a group of young kids decided to go swimming in it. It was an odd sight. I couldn't help but think that my husband probably would have joined them if he was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment