Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good Day

We made it to a MOPS meeting and it was SO good to be with a group of women. The speaker was excellent. Her name is Joanne Kraft and she has written a book for busy moms. Her website is www.joannekraft.com. She has a really neat ministry for moms and she is an excellent speaker. It was refreshing to hear her speak very candidly to the group about the importance of having a relationship with God. The group today was quite a mix of believers and nonbelievers. At the end of the meeting I was able to witness a girl at my table asking the table leader if she could borrow a bible. She decided that she might want to read some of it. That was awesome!

The topic of discussion today was about having a mom story that is extraordinary. She challenged us to think about our personal story and recognize how much God values us. We might think we are ordinary, but we are not. Each one of us has a story to share. One of the things that I really like to do...secretly...is watch people. I like to watch families interact or just watch individuals. This is how I learn...from watching. Ever just sit and watch people in a mall or airport? It is pretty enlightening. But I especially like to watch Christian families interact together. The other day we were in church and a family filed in the pew in front of us. They have adopted three children from Hade and are in the process of adopting a child with special needs from China. I was overcome with emotion from watching the mom with the kids. She was very touchy feely with them and they were with her. Very loving body language. I just thought, "These kids have a life now because these parents followed God's leading and opened their home to them." It was an amazing thing to watch, but I think it is easy to look at them and think we are just an ordinary family and they are extraordinary. When in fact, we are all extraordinary. If you ever doubt this, read Psalm 139. Verse 14 states..."I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Today was a lesson that I definitely needed to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment