Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Being Humbled

I find myself in a constant state of humbleness as I continue to work with the girls each day. The girls and I do a devotion each morning and we are reading Proverbs. There is a great verse in Proverbs 11:2 that states, "When pride comes, then comes dishonor, but with the humble is wisdom." Some of my humbling moments are quite comical, so that is good. Just the other day I was in the shower brushing my teeth (a trick I picked up during my college years) and I threw the toothpaste out onto the floor. Mya came running in and said, "Mommy, don't throw things on the floor because this is not our place and we need to take care of things here. Now don't do that again." I have been training the girls' hearts to respect their surroundings and apparently forgot to do so myself. There was also the time when I took a drink of my lemonade and Mya said, "Mommy, you are being selfish and you should put me first so I can have a drink before you do." They are so impressionable! Dear God, please push my pride out of the way and always allow me to be humbled.









1 comment:

  1. Your photos and comments are precious. I love seeing how the girls are changing. I am so happy for your time this next year plus! Really, what a huge blessing. I did many things incorrectly as a parent - as we all do - and still I ended up with some awesome kids (16 and 19)! Not perfect, but really learning good lessons on life and love.
    I am so proud of them. I look on your adventures with some envy to have your time to raise them up. Blessings to you all. I think so much of you and thank you again so much for your blog. xo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete