Saturday, July 23, 2011

Comfort

On our family vacation before we left for California, Dan spent the second half of the week on the phone and computer trying to find housing for us. It was pretty time consuming and frustrating for all of us. But I have a new found respect for how much work he did. Yesterday I was on the phone most of the morning trying to research housing at other sites. We might extend our contract here but we might also move on. Now is the time to start looking. We are considering a place called Walnut Creek by San Francisco or the other option is Hollywood. But...the way this works is that in a couple weeks we could have a whole new site to check out. It just depends on what gets posted to his recruiter. It is frustrating to find a place in a town where we have never been. But we are getting quite the education on this travelling thing. I have since discovered that Dan is much better at finding apartments than I am. His laid back personality becomes very handy! So I think I will be leaving that task up to him. I was so frustrated because I lost a whole morning with the girls yesterday. I was occupied and they were hungry for my attention.
Now we have to start considering where we want to live, how much we want to pay, and how set we are on sticking with our goal to pay the house off in the shortest amount of time. If we choose more expensive housing at the next site, then we would have to travel longer than the 15 months that we initially decided on. With all that said, the bottom line is that it is all in God's hands. Thankfully Dan keeps me grounded with that kind of thinking. Those of you who know me well know that I can be just a tiny bit high strung....just a little. Okay, maybe more than a little. Not knowing what the future holds and my personality don't always click so well. This is when I am so grateful for Dan's spiritual leadership. And for the bible. I was reading scripture this morning in 2 Chronicles about king Jehoshaphat. He was told that a vast army would be coming to kill them and what did he do? Did he get his gear together and go fight? Nope....he brought his people together to seek help from the Lord. And the Lord said, "Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." Then he went to fight. Now we certainly aren't going to battle, but we are up against many uncertainties as we travel with our family.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of one of my favorite verses:
    "the Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

    ReplyDelete