Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nostalgia

We have become homesick for many things, but the biggest thing I miss right now are my hardwood floors and tiled bathroom and kitchen. Our apartment has carpet, which is not fun to clean when you have a sick child. We had great plans this weekend to visit Yosemite. We had the whole day planned and even had a free parking pass. But what turned into an exciting weekend has turned into a tough one for a mom. My goofy, fun loving daughter, Sara, came down with the flu. What I thought was maybe heat exhaustion turned into throwing up every half hour through the night. We are still not out of the woods yet, but she is finally eating a cracker this evening. She is very skinny and pale and I just can't stop worrying about her. I was awake the whole night. Just when I dozed off she woke me up to throw up. Thankfully, so far, the other girls are doing well. Thankfully, even in tough times, my husband always finds a way to bring humor into the situation. He has quite a knack for that. I was getting a back rub from Dan and we were talking to Sara while she was laying on the couch. We were trying to get her to smile. Next thing I knew Dan was attempting to make farting noises with his armpits. Aparantly he hasn't practiced this skill in a while because he was unsuccessful. But it was funny watching him try. Then he decided to treat Sara like a patient and give her physical therapy. He had her walk back and forth across the apartment to exercise her legs. Very sweet! Please pray for little Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment