Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Week

It has been a low-key week for us.  On Monday night I had the opportunity to go out to dinner with some of the moms from the MOPS group here.  They are all very sweet and were so welcoming with me.  The conversation was easy and comfortable.  And the food was amazing.  I had this really large burger with fresh bleu cheese, stringy onion rings, lettuce, tomato, and some special sauce.  I moaned and groaned as I ate it.  Then I decided to splurge and have a piece of their tiramisu.  Oh my goodness!  The piece was so large that I was able to bring half of it home for lunch the next day.  I waited until everyone went down for a nap and then secretly enjoyed my delicious dessert for a second time.  The meals I have been making here certainly don’t compare to what I ate at the restaurant on Monday.  We all know about Dan’s picky eating habits, but he is actually the least of the picky eaters here because I have been making a lot of meat and vegetable dishes.  I have one pot and one skillet and one wooden spoon.  My resources are very limited so I am making plenty of “Dan” meals around here.  I do have to say that he has been eating the fresh vegetables that I fix without complaint…..even zucchini and squash.  Wow! 
On Tuesday we went to story time at the library.  The girls have become popular at story time as the staff has gotten to know them over the summer.  Chloe is a hit.  As soon as we walk into the library there are two high school volunteers that snatch her out of my arms and carry her around for a while.  They are engrossed with her blue eyes…..you don’t see many kids with blue eyes around here.  We had a friend meet us at story time today.  We started attending a very small church and have gotten to know a young couple there.  We have really enjoyed their company and have been spending time with them.  The wife, Jennifer, and her little girl came to story time for the first time.  It was fun having friends there with us.


Wednesday we stayed home and endured the heat.  The girls went swimming three times during the day.  I try to get them in the pool in the morning and early evening so I don’t have to mess around with Sunblock. 
Today we ventured to the Visalia mall and I let the kids play in the indoor playground.  I bought them each a pair of sun glasses (2 for $5…can’t beat that bargain….I have become quite the bargain shopper).  We stopped at the jewelry store and Sara seems to be very interested in getting her ears pierced.  Maybe we will let her do that someday soon.  We will let Daddy make that decision.  Mya is pretty sure she doesn’t want hers pierced.  Her pain tolerance level is very low.  She won’t even let us put a Band aid on her because she is scared of having to take it off.  Tonight we will probably visit a local playground and let the kids burn some energy.  That always makes for good sleeping nights for them.

Tomorrow is yet to be determined, but I would guess that we will get some grocery shopping done in the morning and swim in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment