Friday, June 15, 2012

Upcoming Transition

Today I filled out the change of address form to switch our address from here to home. That was odd to do. It has felt like a long three months here waiting for the travel home day to arrive. And now that it is coming......in 2 weeks!......I find that I have mixed emotions. Coming home will be amazing, seeing family and friends will be wonderful, and living in our house will be so "homey." Coming home is what I am so excited to do. But if I am being honest...I will miss California. I am a fan of Ohio, but the scenery in California just doesn't compare. So it will be an adjustment to live away from the mountains and ocean. I will surely miss it. Dan and I have created an active family so we like the hiking, exploring and adventures. This lifestyle here has been very fun. Since I have met a friend this month I have seen the "bay area" like never before. She has shown me some of the most beautiful sights. Just yesterday we took the kids on a train and saw a breathtaking view of the bay and city. Unfortunately it was hazy so I didn't take any pictures. But a picture wouldn't have done it justice anyway. For the past year we have spent most of our weekends exploring. It will be an adjustment.....bitter sweet. We leave on Friday the 29th and will spend a few days in Colorado. Leading up to our departure....the weekend before...our friends from Porterville will be coming to stay with us here. We have a very fun agenda to end our final two weeks here. For that I am glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment