Saturday, June 30, 2012

Half Way

Yesterday (Friday) we left Pleasanton around 2pm. We made a stop in Ripon to say goodbye to our friends.        And then we set off for our big journey home.  On the way out of California we were able to drive through Yosemite again.  How majestic!  The scenery is stunning in that area.  After California we drove into Nevada.  Let me just tell you....there is nothing in Nevada!  It is beautiful, but we drove for hundreds of miles before we saw a car or any sign of life.  Unfortunately we drove some of that into the night, which was scary.  I guess the wild horses, cow and deer can cause bad car accidents.  I prayed constantly the whole way.   We stopped at a hotel around 11:00 that night and slept for a while.  We woke up early in the morning and started off again.  While driving in the daylight we did have to slow down for cows crossing the interstate.  That was a new sight to see. Finally (on Saturday), we crossed Nevada....crossed Utah....and arrived in Breckenridge, Colorado. We got a beautiful condo to stay in for a very reasonable price. Tomorrow we will see our friends from Denver and spend the day with them here.  


The trip was exhausting, but the kids did an amazing job travelling.  They were so good and did not complain much at all.  It is fun to see everyone's personalities come out when we are on a trip.  Mya has to go to the bathroom ALL the time....Sara NEVER has to go.  Dan and I have the travelling set up all figured out by now.  He drives almost all of it.  I sit in the passenger seat and take care of the kids.  It is better this way.  When he is in the passenger seat....because he is so tall....he has a heck of a time turning around and tending to the kids.  It just frustrates him.  He does much better with the driving.  Even though I am horrible with directions, I am a very good navigator (I think) in the car.  I do well with the IPad and giving directions to Dan.  So we just work this way.  Except, when I am in the passenger seat I have to be the photographer too.  Now this I get tired of because Dan just loves scenery.  He thinks everything is beautiful.  And he thinks everything needs to have its picture taken.  So he likes to pull off the side of the road and kindly ask me to jump out and take a picture.  When he looks at me with those excited eyes I can't say no.  So that is how we roll on our trips.  It is entertaining and it works well for us.  


And now for all the pictures that we took.  Dan did take some when I complained about getting out of the car because it was too cold for me....so I have to give him some credit for the good ones.  We did get some beauties.














I finally got a salad to eat!  I missed my veggies so much!







No comments:

Post a Comment