Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Nights

I distinctly remember what it felt like when I was experiencing my last nights in our house last year...before we left for California.  I remember the excitement and the anxiety that comes with a big change like that.  I was exhausted from packing up the house and didn't really enjoy our last nights there.  I was scared about our move.  I was unsure of how it would work out.  But somehow I managed to keep the faith in what God was doing.  And now here we are experiencing our last nights in California.  Quite a difference!  I am NOT exhausted and I am NOT full of anxiety.  That part is nice!  I am excited and can't wait for Friday to come.  And thank goodness I STILL have faith in what God is doing and what He already has done.  I look back on the year and marvel at how wonderful He is.  By the way, this isn't my final blog entry just yet.  I have been working on the last entry for a while now and won't post it until we arrive home.  I want to be sure to journal about our trip home and share pictures of what we see.  Right now we are unsure of our trip to Colorado due to the fires.  I guess we won't know until we leave....depends on how much the fires have spread by then. The girls have been praying often for the fire and for the policemen who are fighting them (I keep telling them they are called firefighters) and for the people who are losing their homes.  They are very worried about it all.  The other prayer right now involves Dan's job.  He will be staying with the travel company and commuting to a job for at least two more contracts (contracts are 3 months at a time).  We hope to have the debt done by Christmas so that is why he is staying with the company for a while.  After Christmas we will reevaluate and see how he and I liked the commuting and if he wants to do more of it.  We continue to make sacrifices even though we are moving back home.  Having Dan gone more hours of the day...and maybe some nights during the week...will be an adjustment for us.  Mya starts kindergarten in the Fall so that will keep us busy too.  I am very committed to picking and choosing my volunteer opportunities very wisely as I have learned a BIG lesson from being with the girls for an entire year with no other commitments.  That changed my life.  Stay tuned as we leave on Friday and begin our journey home.  Our first stop before we leave California will be Yosemite...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment