Friday, June 29, 2012

Patience IS A Virtue

Yesterday was move out day. We waited all week for the day to arrive. The girls and I cleaned for the morning and then walked to Wal-Mart and the park. Then we had a picnic outside for lunch. I tried to keep us out of the house as much as I could since everything was clean. After lunch we went back to the apartment, put Chloe down for a nap and the girls watched a movie while I took a nap. And then....the waiting began! The rental furniture was to be picked up between 2:00 and 6:00. I just love those large windows of time. I was optimistic and hoped they would come closer to 2, but that didn't happen. The girls and I played outside while we waited. Dan came home around 4 and still there was no moving truck. So we waited some more. I wish I could say I waited patiently, but when you have 3 hungry children and no snacks and you are tired from packing and cleaning....you tend to be on the irritable side. I tried so hard, but my attitude wasn't the greatest towards the movers. While Dan waited at the apartment with Mya.... Sara, Chloe and I checked in at the hotel in Pleasanton. On the way there, I was listening to a local Christian radio. The pastor was retelling the story in Matthew 8 of the disciples who were in the boat with Jesus. A big storm came and they found Jesus sleeping. They woke him up asking about the storm. They questioned Him and asked to be saved because they were perishing. He said, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Their faith was shaken in the midst of the storm. Those verses really spoke to me and put my attitude back in line. Yes....it was hard to wait. Yes....the day didn't go as planned. And yes....it was frustrating for us all. But, in the midst of our tough day I could choose to question what God was doing or I could choose to see the blessings of the day. What a great lesson! To end the story, the movers finally came around 7:45 that night. But they did make it and our apartment was emptied. We spent the night in a nice hotel and ate take out from PF Changs. Yes...there were many blessings. This morning before Dan left for work he signed a contract for a job in Columbus. He will start in two weeks. We are thankful for the location of this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment