Thursday, March 29, 2012

We Made It!

Our spirits have been lifted. We arrived at our new apartment safely and were grateful for some of the amenities that we haven't had in a while. Our new apartment has a washer and dryer and I pretty much kissed the appliances when I saw them today. No more quarters and laundromat. Our friends lent Dan a bike for riding to the train each day for work. Can you guess what that means for me??? I have 3 months of having the car to myself everyday. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed dropping Dan off at work in the mornings, but it will be a nice break to let the girls sleep in instead of getting them up and dressed every morning before 8 am. And if we go somewhere in the afternoon I don't have to be home at a certain time to pick Dan up. And...the swimming pool is heated on the off season so all of us can swim at anytime. We have decided to really enjoy this time and I don't think I will have any problem doing that.

And now for a sad, yet funny story with a happy ending. After much hesitation and a lot of thought, I finally decided to get my hair done. It has been growing for 11 months now and I have let it do it's own thing. So I made a hair appointment and went last night. It seemed to be going okay, although I wasn't too pleased with the cut but knew I could live with it. She left the length on it but went a little scissor happy on the top part. I decided to go ahead of getting highlights too. That seemed to be going fine also, until she turned me around in the mirror after taking the towel off my head. Eek! My hair was bleached in chunky strips all over my head. I am talking like white strips of hair. I tried everything I could to hide my shock. The hairdresser started raving about how nice it looked. What? Was she blind? I don't know much about doing hair but I do know that highlights are NOT supposed to look like that. I left the salon and called Dan. He tried to reassure me that it would be okay but I was upset. When I got home he did everything he could do to make me feel better. I can laugh about it now, but it was bad. So this morning I found a colorist in Stockton who had great ratings. I called her at 8:30 am and told her I had a hair emergency. Thankfully she met me at her shop and fixed everything. She was very good. Once again, I don't know how to do hair but I can tell when someone knows what they are doing. I have some top parts to grow out but the cut and color are much much better. I have a picture of the final product so I will try to post it this weekend along with pictures of our new apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment