Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nesting

When you move, you go through a whole new phase of "nesting." I think I am finally done with that and can just enjoy our surroundings. I amazed and so grateful for the stores that are at our disposal around here. Around every corner there is a Starbucks and Jamba Juice. I just found out yesterday that we have a Trader Joes down the street from our apartment. I have found the grocery store, post office, public library and laundromat. This week we attended a MOPS meeting and I took the girls to story time at the library. On Saturday we are going to the Farmers Market that they have downtown. I am super excited to get my fruits and veggies there. We finally got a blender (thank you to Papa and Nana!), I finished reading my Green Smoothie book (there is actually a science behind it) and I made the first green smoothie today. The girls and I made it together. Do you know how good it felt to teach them to put handfuls of spinach in their drink and watch them smile as they drank it??? I feel complete as a mom. I don't have to worry about how many servings of veggies they get in a day. The best part was watching Chloe throw a fit when I took her smoothie away because she had enough. The one time I smiled at her throwing a fit. It was for a very good reason.

I haven't written much about Dan and his job. It has been a hard week for him, but he is hanging in there like a champ. The first day he showed up they gave him a full case load, a new computer system to learn, and very very little explanation. They expected the productivity level of a seasoned employee. He has had to work later hours to get things done so it has been a long week for him. But he is confident that as the weeks progress it will get much easier. He definitely misses the Porterville job right now and the relationships that he made there. But he will continue to do just fine, especially knowing this is short term.

No comments:

Post a Comment