Friday, March 23, 2012

Protection

My devotion this morning was the story of Elisha in 2 Kings 6. This is when the nation of Aram was attacking Israel. Every time they were attacked God would tell Elisha what their strategy was and they would win. One morning Elisha and his servant woke up to see that they were surrounded by an army. The servant panicked and ran to tell Elisha. Elisha told the servant not to worry because the people on their side far outnumbered the enemy. I can only imagine the servant's response when he realized there were only two of them and a whole army of the enemy. But Elisha prayed for the servant's eyes to be opened so he could see the vast number of angels on the hillside. I think about this story with our situation because we could easily panic about the details of our move. And I am accustomed to doing that normally. But with this one I feel like I can see that we do not need to worry. I feel like we too have angels sitting around us. And when I start to worry about the details I feel like I immediately get reminded to let go. I hear people say often, "How can you do this travel thing? It must be so hard." I appreciate the empathy, but I will tell you that when your husband follows the leading of the spirit, you just do it. You don't question and you just do it. I am learning to be happy in the moment and just appreciate this season in our lives. We are so much richer as a family and as a couple because Dan obeyed. Who wouldn't want that, right? You just do it!

It has been a fun week choosing not to worry about details. Dan and his recruiter are taking care of most of them. The girls and I had the car more days this week so we had fun getting out, running errands, and enjoying our location. I was on a shoe hunt this week. I have struggled with dry and cracked heels on my feet for many years, but recently they have gotten very bad. To the point that they are bleeding and it hurts to stand. Of course I was the idiot who wore flip flops ALL winter long....you know, because we were in California. Why not wear flip flops?? Well, now I am paying for it. Dan was telling me that my pressure points are off when I wear an unsupported shoe, causing the callouses on my feet. So.....sadly, I had to dump the flip flops. I think I am attached to them because they make me feel young...hip. Well now I have to wear real shoes everyday. I was so worried about looking like a frumpy mom...not chic. But then I came across some Merrell barefoot shoes....that unfortunately I have to tie everyday. I have done my research on barefoot shoes and will give these a try. They do have an arch support and I can put more support inside if I need it. I put them on last night and Dan even said they looked very trendy. Let's hope for some foot comfort for Julie!

Tomorrow we spend the day in Dublin or Hayward apartment hunting. It seems like we just did this....ha ha. Our rental furniture shouldn't be a big deal because there is a Rent A Center in Hayward. Let's pray that those details go well! I do have to share that Dan's facility that let him go decided soon after that decision was made that they were wrong. They came to realize that he was a great worker. They just forgot to factor in his first week's learning curve. Who needs an orientation at a new facility, right? Oh well...their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment