Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Month

Deuteronomy 6:6 
“And these words, which I command thee, this day, shall be in thine heart.”
I have been challenged this month.  I would even say that this has been the most challenging month since we have been here.  It is a transition month and I find myself just waiting.  The days seem longer.  I know that once a moving decision is made things will speed up very fast.  But waiting can be tough.  I find that I am clinging to the word more as we wait.  God’s Word is very important at all times, but when something is challenging it is important to make sure his Word is in your heart.  The above verse is a memory verse for our kids.  But it has become an inspirational verse for me.  I really look forward to my morning bible readings as I prepare for each day that seems long.  Our days aren’t any different than they have been.  Our activities remain the same, but I have never been one who is good at waiting.  It is a wonderful challenge for me and I praise the Lord for refining me any chance He gets.  Dan does have an interview, hopefully today, with a place up North.  We have been and will continue to pray for God’s will with our move.  We have  a lot to pray about for all the details to come together smoothly.
The girls are having trouble waiting…but for a different reason…for Valentine’s Day! They have seen their hidden presents and are so excited.  We are taking the kids to the Black Bear Diner (which they call Dino) for our Valentine’s Day dinner.  It will be so much fun!  I got an early Valentine’s Day present.  My husband knows me well…that I can’t wait to get presents.  He was in Visalia last night handling our taxes and made a surprise stop at the mall to buy me a new sweatshirt.  How sweet!  He walked in the door with the bag and gave it right to me.  I wore it all evening.  He even chose a color that he thought would look good on me…you can’t go wrong with blue.

Last weekend I was able to spend time with a sweet friend as we got manicures and pedicures.  It was so fun and relaxing.  Except the lady who did my friend’s foot scraped her heal up real nice.  If we were assertive people we would have asked for her money back, but we didn’t.  Oh well, at least her nails looked pretty.  Last week I also got my ring fixed and returned.  I mentioned in a previous blog that I had lost the pearl from my ring.  It is a ring that Dan got me for Christmas a couple years ago.  So we had it replaced and now I feel complete again wearing it whole. 



No comments:

Post a Comment