Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cycling

Funny story first.....I was driving in the car with the three girls the other day. Mya was in her typical thinking mode. You can just see it in her face when she is really thinking about something. Then she will usually say, "Mom...I been thinking something in my mind." So this particular day she was thinking about how the world just might be all pretend. She said, "I was thinking that all of this stuff (meaning our world) is probably pretend." I asked her what she meant. She said she thinks maybe people are out there watching us on their televisions. We have been talking lately about how the movies she watches are pretend. I had to try very hard not to burst out laughing. We concluded this enlightening conversation by talking more about the truths of God and how and why things were made.

I have been taking spinning classes at the gym in Porterville. In January we had a free month membership and decided to buy the membership for February. I had never taken spinning before. It is fun and very challenging at times. A couple times during the workout session you simulate climbing a hill on your bike. You increase the tension on your bike and work real hard until the song is finished...or in real life the hill would be done. My February has been like bike riding up the hill. It started off easy and fun, the tension was low. But then the tension got cranked up a bit. That tension meaning home sickness set in for me. The climb on that hill started to get harder and harder. I had to work harder at contentment and keeping a positive attitude. I failed a lot. The nasty stomach flu was spreading like crazy around here. It seemed like over half the members of our church caught it. And it was the violent kind...like Dan had at Christmas. So not only was I homesick, but I became terrified of the stomach virus. I worried about it constantly....I am terrified of throwing up. Fear can be such a crippling thing and Satan loves it! It consumed my mind and I had to do lots of praying. Worrying like that made me miss my home even more. I was guilty of having a heart that wasn't thankful for my current circumstances. The girls were sick off and on all month so I had to stay inside a lot more than we typically would. I finally let Dan and God work with me on this so I could get out of my slump. Now that we know where we are moving and the details are falling together I can finally see the top of the hill. I feel like I can catch my breath and finally relax. Can you just imagine that feeling when the work has been done and you can just coast on the bike? Yes, things will be a bit crazy from now until we move, but I am feeling excited for our new adventure. It will be good to move and see a new area.

Tomorrow (Friday) we are leaving for Stockton to find an apartment. We have one picked out so I am hoping it will work out. We are staying in a hotel with a swimming pool which will lift the kids' spirits. They have been wanting to swim so badly with the weather warming up. It will be a fun little trip for all of us. Once we find out where we are living I will post pictures. Our actual moving date is Friday, March 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment