Thursday, May 12, 2011

Preparing to Leave

Well, the adventure has started and I find myself asking already...."are we there yet?"  It seems like it has been such a process to get ourselves prepared to leave and we haven't even gotten in the car yet.  Between getting Dan's license transferred to California, updating his shots and paperwork, and packing the house up, we find ourselves quite exhausted at night.  It has been a lot of work, but we are very excited. 

Most of you don't know the process we went through to get to where we are now.  It is an amazing story of God's plan.  One day Dan's mom stopped by and as we were chatting she mentioned to him that an acquaintance was trying out a travelling physical therapy job.  I thought that was neat but didn't think much more about it.  Well.....it triggered something for Dan and it was all he wanted to talk about.  Knowing my husband so well, I decided to just let him talk about this dream all he wanted.  I was pretty certain that's all it was...a fun dream.  But, he kept talking about it and one day contacted a recruiter to check the job out.  Once he made that move, I knew it was in the works.  Dan asked me to pray about it as he was doing the same.  I wasn't sure how I felt, but I complied.  The next Sunday I was sitting in church and felt the spirit move me.  I felt ready immediately and knew that it was our time to move.  It was right.  I cried and mourned the fact that we would have to uproot the family and leave our "roots" behind.  Dan and I were born and raised in this town so its not so easy to just leave.  But when God calls you to do something, you do it with new strength and confidence.  And that is what we both had and still have to this day.  Our faith is what is driving this great adventure.  So now here we are packing up and leaving in a week. It is very bitter sweet.  Sometimes I catch myself just bursting into tears as I will miss leaving my family and friends.  But then I remember how exciting this journey will be for us and the kids.  It is a bit romantic for me and Dan. We will only have each other to lean on while we are away.  I am excited for our marriage to only get stronger.

Please join us on our travels as we explore new territory in the country, in our lives, and most importantly in our faith.  I will do my best to update the blog each week and post pictures of the girls so you can watch them grow while we are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment