Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Night

Here I am sitting in my bed experiencing our last night at home.  What an odd feeling.  Today was a very tough day for me.  If anyone hugged me, I cried.  I have never doubted that this experience is right for our family, but it still is hard to leave everyone.  I find that I must face forward and know that the journey to come will be amazing.  I will be relieved to pull out of the driveway tomorrow because it means that I don't have to pack another thing or clean another room for a little while.  Packing for this trip was quite a challenge.  For days and days I had piles of things laying all over the house.  I lived in clutter and did not like it.  It made me feel crazy because I didn't know where to put everything.  Sometimes I would find myself moving piles from one spot to another just to make myself feel better.  I had moments of feeling very overwhelmed.  But today it all came together.  The house is clean and tomorrow I can take my time doing little tasks.  What a relief! 

Through this adventure I just pray that I can relax and enjoy this time with my family.  I pray for peace for the kids as their environment and living situation will be quite different.  And I pray that Dan grows professionally and enjoys trying out new areas of physical therapy.  We pray the Lord's blessing on our family and marvel in the awesomeness of His great plan. 

When we get to the beach I'll take some pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment