Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Year....New You: Days 3 and 4

Today's entry will mostly be about my essential oils because they changed my life yesterday.  My 7 year old and I woke up with what we thought was a cold.  But after a few hours of being awake we headed into the body aches, fever, chills, headache, cough and major fatigue.  We were down and out all day yesterday.  What we thought was a cold turned out to be the flu virus.  I was so caught off guard.  Mya is still recovering today, but I feel so much better and have regained some of my energy.  And this is where I talk about how different it was to have the flu with my essential oils.  In 2012 I had something extremely similar and was in bed for three days.  This time it was one day in bed.  I treated aggressively and had so much more comfort as I was battling the symptoms. I had very little coughing as long as I stayed on top of keeping the Breathe (essential oil blend) in my lungs.  Peppermint gave me comfort with my headache.  Frankincense was for my sore throat and took the pain away immediately.  And then I took oregano, on guard and lemon in a capsule three times yesterday and two times today.  I am just amazed at the results.


In regards to the detox, I still have maintained things well, even through the illness.  In fact, eating clean is the best way to heal from a virus.  The biggest difference I have noticed is that I am not hungry for lunch until around 1:30.  I have a lemon drink at 8:00, a smoothie at 10:00 with protein powder, some fruits and veggies as a snack and that carries me to a late lunch.  I am not eating without thinking about it this week.  Often times (before the detox) I would quickly eat my lunch because it was lunch time and I was so busy with the kids that I wouldn't think through what I was eating or even if I was hungry.  I find that I am taking my time eating my food this week and really enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment