Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Year....New You: Day 2

This is the second day of my detox and surprisingly I am doing very well.  I am not starving.  I was very worried about how last night would go because I tend to be a night snacker.  Night is the time when I want to consume sugary snacks.  But I had my final meal at 6:30 and that was it for the evening.  I made a butternut squash-apple soup, which sounds a little bland, but it was yummy.  I didn't make the broth thin enough so it was like eating baby food, but at least it tasted good.  Today I had a grapefruit, avocado salad for lunch, which was super yummy.  It is late afternoon as I am writing this and I still feel semi-full.  At 4:00 I will have a cranberry drink and then dinner will be meat and veggies. 

As far as physical or emotional changes are concerned I am not experiencing anything drastic.  I feel like I have a lot of energy, drink lots of  water, am nice and regular (if you know what I mean) and am not craving sugars today.  I have an organic peppermint tea that I drink in the afternoon to help curve the cravings.  It just plain feels good emotionally and physically to be eating clean.  I have such a peace of mind because I am concentrating on myself and really taking care of my body this week.  Tomorrow I will start with my workout schedule so I am curious to see how I maintain the cravings when I am burning more calories. 

I do not struggle with any major health concerns.  Overall, I feel great every day.  But I do have a right foot that has dry, cracked skin and I have never been able to overcome it.  No matter how many foot treatments I do or what lotion I use, it just never gets better.  One of the things that drove me to try the detox was the hope that my foot might clear up.  I will keep you posted on any changes there.

No comments:

Post a Comment