Saturday, January 25, 2014

New Year.....New You: Day 1

My team leader for doTerra and greensmoothiegirl.com came up with a 7 day detox plan for us to try out for her.  I took on the challenge of being a guinea pig for this plan.  Today was day 1 of the detox.  I am going to try to journal each day and talk about the challenges and successes with a detox.  I have never done one before....but felt like this was safe because it doesn't involve buying product from any company and I am able to eat plant based foods as well as organic meat proteins (not red meat).  Each morning I drink water with lemon juice and honey to start the cleansing process, have a smoothie for breakfast (today's was awesome!), have a salad for lunch (I made a yummy Dijon dressing), a cranberry drink in the late afternoon and a dinner of soup or salad.  Of course snacks are in between all those meals.  I think the challenging part will be keeping myself from feeling hungry.  I just have to snack on the right things to give myself the calories and protein that I need.  Since I work out each morning I need extra calories.  So as I go on this journey I will adjust things to meet my individual needs and still eat a clean diet.  I guarantee it will be very hard at times, but hopefully it will be rewarding.

I am a sugar addict.  I love sugar.  I have done this before where I get processed sugar out of my system and then I don't crave it anymore.  I hope that day comes soon!  After the 7 days then I will reintroduce certain foods back into my diet and eat the way I normally eat again.  Before you assume that we eat perfectly or wonderfully, please be aware that we don't.  The month of December was full of Christmas cookies and treats and we enjoyed them.  I do feed my kids mac and cheese as an easy meal sometimes.  We do have pizza once a week and I do give my kids candy.  We just incorporate green smoothies and more whole foods into our diet then we used to.  In case you read in a previous post about Mya and her sugar obsession....we finally conquered it!  She has let that go and enjoys her healthy snacks and the really sugary yummy ones too.  It is all about finding a healthy balance for our family.  And I think we are finally settling into providing food that meets each family member's needs.  Every person is so unique in how God made us.  I think that certain people crave certain foods for a reason.  Listening to your body and how you feel is the most important thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment