Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Leg Surgery Update


I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers regarding my vein surgery.  I had my appointment today and it was very encouraging.  They did an ultrasound and will be resubmitting all of that to the insurance company.  I should hear within the next few weeks if it is approved.  My surgeon wants to do the laser surgery first and if that doesn’t take care of everything then he will do a second procedure called a phlebectomy.  They are optimistic about the approval going through.  On a very fun note, my surgeon asked me to be a “vein model” for a conference coming up in June for Cleveland Clinic.  I guess I have an unusually bad vein, broken valve and really bad reflux in the veins.  And it is something he wants to show off at his conference to his colleagues.  So we will wait to have the surgery until late June or July....pending insurance approval.  I am very excited to be chosen to be a model….even if it is to show my ugly leg.  I am cool with that=) But if it helps other surgeons with fixing veins then I am all in.  I am very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment