Saturday, April 27, 2013

First PR Ever!

Recently I have been training to run faster for my 5K races and the training has paid off.  I will say that diet plays such a big part in that process.  I have increased my raw vegetables and decreased night time eating and that has made me faster.  I was the top female to win the race today...came in 5th out of 200 people.  But before you get all excited about that I must mention that all my fast running buddies in my age group weren't there today.  I will thank them for that!  There is a half marathon and full marathon in Toledo tomorrow so they are gone for that.  I ran at a 7:18 pace today, which is awesome for me.  My last 5K was 8:00 pace so I certainly knocked some time off.  The weather and temperature were so perfect for running. And after all of that....they forgot to announce me as a winner at the awards ceremony.  Bummer!  But it was all good because Dan surprised me by bringing the girls to the race so they were there at the finish line when I came in.  Pure fun! And then we enjoyed a large breakfast at Bob Evans after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment