Friday, April 5, 2013

Dating

We have embraced "dating" and recognize how important it is for our marriage, kids and friendship.  So tonight we went out for a relaxing evening.  My middle daughter, Sara, literally pushed me out of the door so I would leave them alone with the babysitter.  We haven't had a date in weeks so I guess it was due time for all of us.  I met Dan in Mansfield when he got off work.  It was kind of fun to meet up that way....gave me some butterflies in my stomach.  We had dinner at Red Lobster.  We narrowed it down to Red Lobster and Olive Garden and I decided I was in the mood for the cheesy biscuits.  When we sat down to look at the menu, Dan decided it would be fun to try and order for me.  I left to go to the bathroom while he ordered and came back wondering if he would get it all right.  Amazingly I discovered that he pays attention to the details more than I think he does.  He ordered me a salad with ranch dressing on the side (that detail really surprised me) and lobster and pasta.  It was kind of fun to do something different like that...added some spice to the evening.  We had a pleasant dinner with good conversation...trying very hard to talk about something other than the kids.  After dinner we had some extra time so we went to a furniture store and "dream" shopped.  Then we went to Barnes and Nobles, found a comfy couch and looked at magazines.  I got caught up on the celebrity gossip.  Without cable I tend to miss the news.  We ended our evening with a nice romantic comedy movie.  We saw the movie Admission and it was clean and fun.  We came home to two girls sleeping soundly in our bed.  I took the babysitter home and when I returned I found Dan added to the crew in our bed.  He was snuggling away with them.  Dating is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment