Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Things I Never Thought I Would Enjoy Doing


I have this picture on the desktop of our computer.  It reminds me of our adventures.  This was an actual road that we saw and drove on and it was amazing.  Looking at this scenery reminds me of all the changes that occurred while we were gone.  God grew us in so many ways.  I think about all the things I am doing now that I never thought I would enjoy doing.

Today I came home to the wonderful aroma of homemade chicken broth in my crock pot.  I never thought I would make something like that.  I have actually learned to love cooking.  I never thought I would like that.  I had so much extra time to myself while we were gone and it allowed me to explore the world of cooking.

I am spending so much more time with my children and enjoying those moments.  While we were gone I was forced to spend 100% of my time with them and I learned so much about them. Today I watched Sara write her name all by herself for the first time.  What an honor to see that happen.

And improving our nutrition and drinking green smoothies????  Who ever thought I would be drinking one of those or that my whole family would drink them...including the husband who doesn't like vegetables.  Chloe begs for the smoothie when I make them each morning.  I love when my kid has a green mustache. And I love that they are learning what healthy foods are for their bodies.




 We are finally very settled back home and I love being home.  I love our house and the comfort of home.  But I am so thankful for the way that our crazy adventures changed me for the better. Would we have done some things differently......you bet!  But God's grace is sufficient no matter what we are experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment