Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Old Friends

We have been busy this past week.  Last weekend we drove to Zanesville to visit my college roommate and her family.  How wonderful to have a friend from the past still remain a close friend!  I remember the day we met very clearly.  We were at a sorority function as freshmen in college.  We didn't know anyone and somehow we ended up sitting beside each other.  We walked home together from the event and I remember blurting out how much I would love to have her as a roommate.  It was like I just knew we were meant to be friends.  It is one of those friendships where you can be apart for years and when you come together it is like time has never passed.  We spent Saturday and Sunday at their house. On Saturday we took the kids roller skating.  That was pretty funny.  I was trying to remember how to roller skate, meanwhile I had Mya and Sara hanging on me trying to figure it out too.  Luckily they had a walker for Sara to skate with.  After skating, we had a wonderful pot roast dinner at home.  Our kids got along beautifully....all 5 girls.  After we put the kids to bed that night, we did something pretty crazy.  We did Wii Dance!  Oh yes, can you picture Dan dancing?  I just about wet my pants watching the dancing.  And the fact that our kids were asleep and four adults decided to dance around for an hour was hysterical to me.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  It was wonderful.  We headed home on Sunday and settled back in.  It was a refreshing weekend.  I think we will be buying some Wii games soon.  I would like to secretly work on my dance moves when no one is watching!

Dan had a good week at work last week.  He had a surprise one day at work.  His boss called him to his office to tell him that they have been underpaying him.  So they are going to make up for the difference that they owe him and raise his pay.  That was a very honest thing for the company to do and pleasant for us.  

This coming weekend I will be running at 5K race.  I just signed up today so now I am committed.  I am hoping to break my personal record and get a good time.  I have been trying to increase my speed when I run in the mornings so hopefully that hard work has paid off.  

Last week I had a consultation with the vein surgeon.  Unfortunately our insurance denied the surgery so it will be put off for a bit.  I have to wear compression hose for three months to show that the non conservative approach doesn't work.  So we have another appointment in three months and then hopefully insurance will accept the request.  I have been longing to have my leg fixed for so long now.  I pray that this all goes smoothly for us.  

Well, back to my skittles and movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment