Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wishy Washy

I have had an interesting week.  Last week I posted about choosing to home school the girls.  But right after that decision I found myself still questioning.  I am searching for that complete peace about their schooling.  Currently I feel confident about schooling Sara next year.  I am excited to design the year for her where she will have many social experiences in the community and academics at home.  I had a friend randomly drop off curriculum at my house and it was preschool and kindergarten material.  So I have everything to school her and feel very good about it.  Mya is the one I am still not sure about.  She does so well at the christian school and is very happy there.  I am still praying for a peace with her.  The good thing is that I don't have to decide for a while about her.  I have some time to rest on that decision.  I realize I am writing the word "I" when I talk about these decisions, but Dan has been wonderful with helping me through this process too.  It is a family decision, although home schooling would be on my shoulders if I do it.  All I can say is that I have found myself to be wishy washy with these decisions, but that reminds me that things must be getting in the way of hearing God's voice.  There are pressures about what people think and what I should or shouldn't do from what society says and these are clouding the way to hearing God.  The path of being a christian can be a tough one because we have to truly surrender ourselves to let God rise above and fulfill His plan for our lives.  I am so glad He is the one in control and not me because it would be messy if I were in charge.  I know all of this will become clear as I practice surrendering and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment