Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


It has been a very nice Mother’s Day!  On Friday night, Dan took the girls shopping for me.  They came home with some wonderful things.  The girls each picked out makeup for me.  Sorry Aunt Jen….it wasn’t Mary Kay.  Dan let them purchase the one thing that they wanted to get me so I got some pink eye shadow in the shape of a cross from Mya and Instant Age Rewind makeup from Sara.  Apparently my age is showing at 35???  They were so proud to give it to me.  And then Dan was super excited and couldn’t wait until the actual Mother’s Day to give me my present from him.  I was okay with that!  He bought me a beautiful teal dress to wear on Mother’s Day.  He picked it out by himself and got the size just right.  So fun!

I really wanted to go to the beach today (Half Moon Bay), which isn’t very far from us.  But the temperature on the beach is 50 degrees.  Yikes!  That is too cold for me to enjoy it.  So we went to church and then Dan took us all out to eat at P.F. Changs for dinner.  He told me he would cook a meal for me, but we both decided it would be safer for us to go out to eat….ha ha.  We are a bit tired today too.  Dan and I discovered the TV series Lost for the first time a few weeks ago.  We have been watching the episodes at night and recently headed into season 2.  Both libraries around here do not have that season so we had to rent from Blockbuster, which is 15 minutes from our place.  So we have been doing marathon nights of watching Lost, trying to get through season 2 and not racking up big late fees.  Needless to say, we were up late last night finishing a disc.  But it is so worth it!

Church today was another gift for Mother’s Day.  The sermon was fantastic.  The pastor focused on the life of Paul and how God saved him despite his rebellious life.  He took the sermon from 1 Timothy 1:12-17. He focused on how much we need a savior and presented the gospel in a heavy, wonderful way.  Dan walked away from the sermon with tears in his eyes and a lot of conviction.  He said it was made clear to him why we are at this particular place.  He realizes how important paying off debt became to him…the sole reason for moving out here… and then God put us here in Pleasanton….not saving any money….to teach us that money is not to be worshiped.  We came here kicking and screaming, not wanting to pay for this apartment…I guess it is time to quick kicking and screaming. It was a powerful message! 

Here is my make-up from the girls....

And here is the reason I love being a mommy!


The dress!




1 comment:

  1. the girls have grown to be such beauties,and I can't wait for you all to be home! good job Dan on the mother's day dress!!! It looks like it's the exact color of Julie's eyes :)

    ReplyDelete