Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chloe


Awhile ago I did a special blog entry on Mya to highlight who she is and how special she is to us.  So now it is Chloe’s turn.  And I will be sure to do one on Sara too.  Once we are home, I plan on having the blog printed into a book…one for each child to keep in their memory boxes.  I hope that someday they can look back on this experience, read about it and remember how amazing God has been through this journey.  I think it is important for them to see the heart of me and Dan as to why this journey happened and what we have learned.  It will be something we will talk about for years to come.

So now on to sweet, little Chloe.  A friend from the MOPS group back home used to call Chloe “Squishy” when she was a baby.  I loved that nickname because it described her very well.  She was a baby who loved being held and she would get all squishy in your arms when you held her.  And to this day, although she isn’t quite as squishy, she still loves to be in someone’s arms.  She asks to be held often and if we are sitting on the couch, she backs herself up to us so she can sit on our laps. She loves to lap sit and read books or watch movies or just sit and listen to us talk.  She loves having Mya carry her around too.  But at the same time, she is very independent and likes to walk places.  She gleams with pride when she can do something herself.  She creates a lot of attention at the swimming pool because she does it all on her own.  She wears a lifejacket and gets in and out of the pools by herself.  She hangs around the stairs in the pool and occasionally drifts into the water to kick a little bit.  Then she finds her way back to the stairs to play again.  Every once in a while she needs our help when she floats on her back and can’t get upright by herself. I suppose having two older sisters has made her act much older than her age.  She is quick to learn, smart and surprisingly very compliant these days.  Without saying intelligible words all the time, she communicates amazingly well.  She has conversations with us and I wish I knew what she was saying.  But somehow, she gets her point across and gets what she wants or needs.  One of her favorite things to do is choose her clothes….oh yes, she tells me which dress she wants to wear sometimes….and then after I put it on she prances around the room, just like her big sisters do in their clothes.  She has already learned that clothes make her feel pretty….oh boy!  We have a princess in the making.  I think I mentioned in a previous blog, there is something about Chloe that is unique and special and so neat.  We are lucky to have her as our third child. She is just beautiful and makes life very fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment