Friday, May 11, 2012

The Countdown Begins

I was looking at the calendar today and realized that we are less than two months away from heading home. We are already starting to think about which direction to drive and what sights to see along the way. We rushed out here, but we are going to take our time getting home. I find myself wondering if the next 7 weeks will go slow or fast. Unfortunately, I think they will go slow because I am homesick for a lot of things. We have more to explore in this area where we are living so that will keep our weekends busy, but as the time gets closer I find myself longing for things at home. Just today I walked the girls to the park and let them run through the sprinklers on the lawn. That prompted Mya to talk about her memory of the blow up swimming pool that we used to put in our front yard at home. This event, of course, always attracted the attention of cars driving by. It seemed like the whole town knew when the Donatini clan was in the front lawn. So I began missing those simple comforts of home. Like my bed.....oh....to have a bedspread again. It will be glorious. In my mind I am already redecorating the bedroom and can't wait to paint the walls something new. And to have two cars again....seems like such a luxury that I will certainly appreciate. And my refrigerator that has filtered water on the door. That means we don't have to buy any more bottled water. And I miss having hangers for our clothes. And then there is the obvious....we miss the people....family and friends...the community. I can't imagine what it will be like to go to the grocery store and actually know someone. Man....that means I have to start doing my hair and putting make-up on more often. Ok...it would be so worth it! It will be very good to return. In the meantime, we will soak up our last months in California where the beach and the mountains are a few miles away. Now that I will miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment