Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Through A Child's Eyes

Mya came to us the other day all excited because she drew a family picture for me and Dan.  I looked at it puzzled because there were 6 people in the picture instead of 5.  With a big smile on her face, she then told me that the sixth figurine was Jesus....she said, "because a long, long time ago he was here on our Earth." So she decided to put him in our family picture.  How cool is that?  Then she told me that her picture said, "I love you."  I just smiled and glanced over the letters on her page and told her it was nice.  All I saw were letters.  A couple days letter I looked at it closer and realized that it does say "I love you."  The words are just backwards.  She had copied those words on her paper without any guidance.  Smart girl!

5 comments:

  1. so precious! I love how smart she is!

    Re: Dan's new found love of mexican: welcome to the border buddy. embrace the spice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. last comment from Tom Cutlip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! I love it when kids do stuff like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful, adorable story! My middle girl did the exact same when she began writing words. It took me a moment to catch that she wrote backwards...lol! Too cute:)

    ReplyDelete