Monday, November 14, 2011

Just One of Those Days

Ever have "one of those days?" The kind where you are so thankful that tomorrow you can start fresh? Today was that day for me. The girls were a challenge and I haven't had a really tough day like this in a while. I guess I should be thankful for that! Each child, throughout the day, found ways to test my ability to be consistent. And I am sad to say that I failed miserably in this area. They disobeyed over and over again. And little, precious Chloe has decided that she needs to see what I am made of too. So all three were hard. I was grateful when Dan got home so I could have some reprieve. Then I took Chloe out for the evening and ran some errands. Separating the family a bit helped calm everyone down. But you know what? Getting away was nice but I didn't truly feel peaceful until I opened the bible. We put the kids to bed and I decided I better get right with God on how I handled the girls today. That is when I had relief. Why did it take me all day before I chose to ask God for help? While I was reading and praying I had the revelation that I have become too busy doing my own things during the day rather than focusing all my attention on the girls. It dawned on me that Mya, especially, is so much like me when I was a little girl. She needs extra attention....that is part of her make-up. And I do not give it to her as much because I am a busy body. I clearly need to work on this. I immediately teared up when I realized how similar we are. I don't want the girls to see me as a busy body, but rather as a mom who has eyes on them because I am watching them and genuinely want to interact with them during the day. My days are numbered with them at home and I can choose to give them all the attention that they need and deserve. I am grateful for a new day so I can try again and start my day with God instead of waiting until I struggle. I guarantee tomorrow will be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment