Thursday, August 22, 2013

Official Business


Getting a business card seemed to be the final step to say that "I am in!" for the long run with my oil and green smoothie business.  I was very excited to get these the other day.  I am really enjoying the oil business because for me it means meeting with women one on one and hearing their stories and helping them achieve health with their families.  It means researching and constantly learning about nutrition and oils.  It means teaching classes, which I love to do.  And it means making and feeding a green smoothie to anyone who walks through my door for a play date.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the contacts that I have made thus far. 

Yesterday with the second day of home schooling.  And another beautiful day it was!  Again, I KNOW that most days will not go so smooth.  But I am amazed at how excited I am to walk alongside each child as they learn to read and write.  And they know they have my full attention for the entire day.  I won't answer my phone until I have a break and I won't check my email until lunch time.  They know they have me and I think that makes them feel secure and happy.  On the first day of schooling Dan called about three times that day to check in with all of us.  It was wonderful to know that he was thinking about us all day long.  Now, when I write my first negative blog entry about how exhausted I am from home schooling....someone please remind me what it felt like during the first week of schooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment