Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blue Eyed Girls

We don’t have anything new to report lately about life in California.  Things are great and we are still very happy here.  I have joined the choir in our teeny tiny church and love singing again.  It has been a while.  I am one of three altos in the choir.  It is small, but it sounds really great (especially since I joined….totally kidding!).  I am there to make a joyful noise unto the Lord, not to sing on key.  I have been running on a regular basis and doing cross fit workouts.  I run early in the morning when the weather is cool and it has been wonderful. Dan continues to love his job at the hospital.  He is back to lifting weights since his arm injury.  He promises NOT to ever do weighted pull ups again.  We will see about that.  He is looking quite buff again and the nurses have started nicknaming him things like…”Ken” (from Barbie and Ken…..I wonder if they met me, would they name me Barbie???  Just kidding) and “Dan the Man.”  I have started school with Mya in the afternoons while the other two nap.  She has suddenly developed with her educational skills and is writing letters and numbers.  I am borrowing a reading program from the library so we can start working on sight words and other early kindergarten skills.  Mya is a sponge with information and I feel so blessed to be her teacher.  It is exciting to see your child want to learn.  She is quite the thinker.  Her wheels are spinning in her mind all the time.  Like just the other night she lay in bed for over an hour coming up with questions about tornadoes.  Her mind is amazing.  She woke us up to ask us what happens to the animals in the zoo if there is a tornado. Sara is goofy and very loving.  She blesses us with hugs quite often.  She is fun and extremely easy going.  It is neat to see Dan and my personalities coming out in the kids.  Chloe is on the move constantly.  This weekend she learned how to pull herself up to a standing position on the furniture.  It won’t be long before she is walking.  She turns one in a month and a half.  That went fast!  She is starting to exert her will because she is mobile so I am doing obedience training with her.  It is much easier to train for that before they can talk back.  Life is good as we have settled into a routine here.  We hope to take some weekend trips soon to Huntington Beach, San Diego, and San Francisco.  Dan has wanted to surf his whole life and we are going to make that happen while we are here.  I will definitely get some good shots of that. 
Below are updated pictures of the growing girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment