Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Recap

I just love Christmas!  I love that we have the chance to celebrate the birth of Jesus and give presents and serve people.  I love Christmas music and movies.  And I love sharing all of this with my kids. 

We had Christmas with my Dad (Papa) and my step-mom (Nana) before they left for Tennessee.  We had an amazing dinner of salmon and salad and sweet potatoes and beer bread and my sister's famous pies.  Then we had Christmas with my mom and her husband on Christmas Eve.  We had a visit from Father Christmas at that gathering.  And then Chloe put on quite a show dancing to music.  I have not laughed so hard in a very long time.  We are certain she needs to start dance lessons soon.  We don't know where it came from, but she has some natural dancing talent in her.  And finally we spent the day with Dan's family on Christmas Day.  It was busy and wonderful all at the same time.  

One of the most enjoyable moments was on Christmas Eve.  A group of ladies in my Sunday School class decided to surprise one of our friends and bless her with presents late that night.  We showed up on her doorstep with a gift basket and a DVD with a video message from all of us.  It was precious to see her reaction and know that we made her Christmas a little happier and much less lonely.

The girls enjoyed having a white December!


Love this picture of Mya!  My brother in law took it at my mom's house.


Visit from Father Christmas.  Sweet Sara had no idea it was my mom's husband dressed up.  She was pretty shocked when she found out.




Sara and her present.


My seven year old doesn't look like a little girl anymore.


Chloe's famous dance.  Check out my mom in the background laughing hard.

 

Christmas with Dannyboy was precious.  He surprised me with a new dress on Christmas morning even though we agreed to not give each other presents. 



All in all it was such a good holiday.  I know that most people have New Year's resolutions and I don't usually do those, but I saw something neat on Facebook today.  I am one of those Facebook stalkers who just looks at everyone else's feeds instead of writing any of my own. So today I saw someone post about marriage.  There were 25 tips on how to show respect to your husband.  I read through them and picked out five that I could work on.  Because I am perfect in all of the other 20 areas...ha ha.  I thought that five was a doable number.  I wrote them down, put them on my mirror, told Dan about them and will attempt to work on these on a daily basis.  So here are my top 5 ways to improve showing respect in my marriage:

1.  Pray for him.

2.  Respond physically. (this means doing the little things like holding hands and responding when he initiates being close)

3.  Kiss him goodbye and hello every time he leaves the house and comes home. (we have gotten away from this since the kids have come along....I am usually occupied with them when he comes home and leaves)

4.  Cherish togetherness (even if we are working on different things, try to do it in the same room or sitting next to each other)

5.  Resist the urge to correct him (especially in front of others)

Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment