Monday, November 25, 2013

Blast from the Past

Mya wanted to decorate the tree in her room and knew that I had a box full of mixed ornaments from my childhood downstairs in the basement.  I finally dug them out and brought them up for her to use.  It was so fun looking through the ornaments and remembering where each one came from.  But the best one we found was this:


In case you can't read it....it says "Darah."  That was the name I was born with and I legally changed it when I was six years old.  It was very sweet to hear my daughter tell me that the name Darah was beautiful.  She told me she wished I had named her Darah.  Then I showed the Christmas bulb to Dan and he had such a genuine, sweet smile on his face.  He thought it was very precious. 

And this is why I love Christmas time!  It is so full of unique experiences and special times with family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment