Monday, July 29, 2013

New Smoothie

I have been experimenting with smoothies these last few weeks as we prepare to start teaching a new class called "Healing with Green Smoothies."  This will be a class designed to teach more in depth about green smoothies and how to incorporate oils in them.  I am super excited about this class.  Can you tell that green smoothies are a passion of mine?  They changed our lives, they cost very little to make and they are so easy to teach.

My latest breakfast smoothie is so simple to make and very yummy.  I started by taking 3 cups of old fashioned oats and 1 cup chia seeds.  I put those in the blender to grind them up.  Then I put that mixture in a mason jar to keep in the cupboard.  When I want to make an oatmeal smoothie I use 1/4 cup of that mixture.  Here is the recipe for a basic oatmeal smoothie.  The oatmeal does not need to be cooked...use it raw.

1/4 cup oatmeal/chia seed mixture
1 cup almond milk
1 banana
6 frozen strawberries
handful of blueberries (just because it is blueberry season and easy to come by)
1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment