Friday, September 30, 2011

A Very Girly Day

Those of you that know me well know that I can be “girly” if need be, but it doesn’t come real natural to me.  I have gotten better over the years.  Sure….I love shopping and getting my hair done and things like that.  But when it comes to dressing my kids real girly and doing their hair I lack in that area. 

On Tuesday night the girls and I were invited to a lady’s house from church.  She has all the “bling” that my girls are really in to.  She had bracelets, rings, necklaces, and other fun play items.  The girls got to pick out whatever they wanted to keep.  Sara was hilarious because at one point she had over six bracelets on her arm and three rings on her fingers.  She went home that way.  She also managed to persuade this nice lady to give her a porcelain angel doll that she fell in love with.  We went home with our arms full.  So….when they woke up Wednesday morning they went right to their jewelry and put it all on again.  We decided to have a tea party.  I did their hair and we camped out on a princess blanket in the middle of the apartment.  They were pretty excited.  Mya told me, “Mom, this is the funnest day I ever had!” That made my day.  Chloe enjoyed the tea party too.  Every time the girls weren’t looking she took food off of their plates.  She is quite the scoundrel when it comes to food.  Below are some fun pictures from the tea party.  Of course  every tea party must end with a game of “tag” and “wrestling” right?  Apparently ours had to end that way.  It was hilarious.
















Sticking with the girly theme I decided to research how to do hair dos for little girls.  Creativity is definitely not my gift. But I sure can copy things well.  I found a really neat website of a mom who writes a blog about hair dos.  She does her daughter’s hair, takes pictures, and describes how to do the hair do.  Now that is my kind of blog.  The website is www.cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com.    Below are pictures of the girls’ hair, which I did for church that evening and braids that I did another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment