Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Phat Camp

I forgot to write a post about Phat Camp.  Two weekends ago Dan and I went to Columbus for a two night get away.  We left the kids with family and called this our "vacation."  Except I was going to exercise for the entire weekend.  I attended a girls weekend retreat taught by a trainer who was a successful figure competitor.  She is from our hometown so I was excited to spend the weekend at her camp.  Friday night was our first session and she worked us for about an hour and had a mini seminar.  Then we arrived on Saturday morning for a full day of exercise and education.  Overall we trained about four and a half hours that day.  It was a combination of cardio and weight training.  Saturday evening Dan and I had a wonderful dinner at Benihana and watched a movie.  We were settling down for the evening back at the hotel around 11:30 pm and got a message from Dan's mom that Chloe was throwing up.  So we decided to drive home that night to get her.  Once we arrived home she threw up again....all over me.  We managed to get her and Mya in the car quickly and got them home before she got sick again.  It was a crazy night and I was exhausted from a day of exercise.  When I woke up Sunday morning I could barely get out of bed.  I have never been so sore in all my life.  Unfortunately I had to miss the session on Sunday due to Chloe's illness.  But overall, I was very pleased with the weekend.  The best part was spending the day on Saturday with Jessica Paxson.  She is a fitness model and it was so neat to have a one on one conversation with someone famous.  She was absolutely beautiful and had a sweet disposition.  I did get my picture taken with her but it is on my ancient cell phone.  So this is the best I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment