Monday, June 3, 2013

Parties and Such

Isn't life supposed to slow down when school is over?  I feel like this is the busiest time of the year for us.  This week is incredible....we literally have something every night and into the weekend.  We have birthday parties to go to, including hosting Sara's 5th birthday on Wednesday.  She wanted hot dogs and potato chips for her party so I increased the guest list because the food was so easy to do.  It will be so much fun, but it is a lot of work to put together a party.  Friday night I will be travelling to Fredericktown to attend a training on essential oils.  I am officially in the business of selling oils.  But aside from that, I have had a wonderful time educating myself on them.  The world of essential oils is SO big.  There is so much you can do with them.  I had to allow myself not to get overwhelmed with wanting to know everything right now.  It will be a process to learn what I need to know.  Starting small is the way to go.  Just putting a few drops of lemon or orange oil in my water each day allows me to feel like I am beginning the process of incorporating oils into our daily life.  Now when the girls get a "booboo" on their bodies they ask for my oils instead of medicine.  I am slowly replacing over the counter medications with oils.  Oils are great in green smoothies too!

This weekend I have a tethered run in Wooster.  I am tied together (not sure how yet) with two other running buddies.  We all run a 5K together and then one drops out....then two run another 5K together and one drops out....then the final person runs one more 5K to finish the race.  It should be entertaining and fun!  We are getting close to our weekend away in Columbus for PHAT camp.  I will attend a women's retreat/workout weekend while Dan naps the days away and drinks lots of smoothies.  We are very excited for our time away from the kids.  We love them dearly, but all mommies and daddies need a good night's sleep every once in a while.

Mya is doing better with her sleep.  We were instructed by the pediatrician to give her Melatonin, which is a natural sleep pill.  She gets one pill a night and it has taken all the nighttime anxiety away for her.  She goes right to sleep if we give her the pill a half hour before bedtime.  She hasn't complained once of having a stomach ache or expressed worry about throwing up.  Every once in a while she gets up once at night, but just to go to the bathroom and say "good night" to us.  Now that I can handle!  We are feeling much better around here.

Happy (almost) Birthday to our sweet Sara Meleah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment