Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Is In the Air

I woke up this morning to birds chirping.  I love that sound!  Even though there is still snow on the ground, I know that Spring is around the corner.  I am eager to start working on the outside of my house and plant the one and only plant that I can keep alive...geraniums.  I have mastered only that flower.  I hope to plant some vegetables in pots this summer...that will be a new endeavor for me.

This past week has been a bit unusual.  I had a stomach bug for about five days, which had me lying around the house.  I finally got my energy back yesterday and got caught up on laundry and cleaning.  Today I gave my testimony at MOPS.  It was hard to be vulnerable in front of a large group of women, but I felt called to do it.  I cried.....I hate crying in front of people. I feel drained, but am so thankful that I had the opportunity to share and open up about my life story.  After that, the girls and I drove to the hospital that Dan works at and had lunch with him.  It was so good to sit and talk with him about my morning.  He had been praying for me so that was quite a comfort.  And it was fun for the girls to meet all of his co-workers.  Chloe...miss personality...made quite an impression there.  She turned on the charm and had a lot of people laughing.  That girl is going to do big things with her life...she has so much independence and drive and passion.

Heading into Spring also gets me excited to look at summer plans.  Dan and I have one mini vacation planned already.  I was invited to join a weekend boot camp retreat in June in Columbus.  I will work out and sit through seminars on nutrition and neat stuff like that.  I am so very excited!!!  Dan is going to join me that weekend and rest up and spend the evenings with me. We haven't been away from all three kids for more than one night so it will be a good break for us.  I also have my vein surgery...hopefully...happening in early summer.  I have my next appointment on April 30 and the doctor will resubmit the paperwork to the insurance company to see if they will cover the surgery.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment