Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Tree

What is Christmas in California without a christmas tree?  Dan really wanted the girls to have a christmas tree so we went bargain hunting on Friday and found one for a really good deal.  He and the girls put it up and it was fun to watch all of them.  The hardest part has been keeping Chloe from touching it.  It is a training opportunity for her but takes a lot of work.  As of today (Saturday) she has stopped trying to touch it all the time.  Consistency is the key!  The rest of the weekend was very fun.  In the morning I got out all by myself while Dan stayed with the kids and that was wonderful!  Chloe was sick last week so I have been exhausted due to lack of sleep. We went to a birthday party for a neighbor girl on Saturday afternoon at an arcade/pizza place.  The girls and parents had a blast playing the games.  Dan and I got addicted to the jackpot style game where we won the kids lots of tickets.  I made granola this weekend too and it turned out so yummy.  I have made friends with a "health coach" who has great knowledge on what foods to eat.  I have attended two of her cooking workshops.  We are trying to slowly change how we eat.  We are eliminating high fructose corn syrup completely and other not so good ingredients, which affects all of our snacking habits.  So far everyone has a good attitude with the food changes.  This way the girls will get more fruits and vegetables in their diet.  It is good for all!  I am very excited because I also learned how to make "green" smoothies.  When we move back home I will make one for the family every day.  Everyone will definately get a green leafy vegetable in their diet on a daily basis. 

1 comment: