Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

It is a California Christmas today as the weather is 61 degrees and sunny. It makes for a different feel for Christmas compared to Ohio weather.  But we are soaking in the sun and enjoying our blessings.  We have learned to be flexible....I would say that is the lesson for this season.  Christmas Eve day was supposed to be full of an afternoon at the movies with the girls, dinner out and an evening church service in their pretty dresses.  But because of our illnesses we stayed home all day.  So we had two choices....be upset with our circumstances or enjoy what we have.  Thankfully the whole family chose the latter.  I saw a quote on Facebook today that made me think more about this:

"He who has Christ and everything has no more than he who has Christ alone." ~C.S. Lewis

We have Christ in our family and that is what is important.  As the days went on while everyone was sick, I was so grateful to have the ability to pray.  I prayed and I prayed hard.  I felt comfort.  I have never seen Dan so sick and it was so hard for me.  But I had that bit of confidence that I needed in the Lord to get me through that time.  Caring for my sick kids took a lot out of me, but I had that extra energy that came from the Lord.  Life without Him would be so dull and so hopeless.  In spite of an icky situation our family came out bonded and more in love with each other.  I was so grateful to finally get a squishy hug from Dan today that I have wanted for days.  We avoided each other to keep me from getting sick.  But hugging him today and the kids was a wonderful christmas present.






No comments:

Post a Comment