Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend of Wisdom

This past weekend I was able to attend the Women of Faith event in Columbus, Ohio.  I went with five other women from my Sunday school class.  God sure knows how to time things right.  I was due for a break from the kids.  I love my children, but some days it is hard to find a moment for myself.  And I need that time to refuel and rejuvenate so I can be a better mommy and wife.  This weekend gave me the respite that I needed.  We left Friday afternoon and spent some time sitting in traffic, but it didn't matter because the car was full of laughter and conversation.  We had a yummy dinner, a few hours of the conference and then the slumber party began.  We stayed up until 2am talking.  In fact, I was still talking when I heard heavy breathing going on and realized the girls had passed out.  I love talking at night.  Isn't my husband a lucky man?

Saturday was full of conversation and speakers and food and singing and speakers and conversation.  I left feeling filled emotionally and spiritually.  I left feeling like I could hear my God speaking louder and clearer to me.  I left feeling more secure and excited about starting another week with the kids.  I got home that night and spent a few more hours talking with Dan before bed.  Somehow I had the energy for that!  It was great conversation with my best friend. 

The thing that I learned from being away was that I kind of like who God created me to be.  That probably sounds funny, but I had a day and a half to take care of myself and no one else.  I was comfortable with my surroundings and the friends that I was with and just enjoyed the time away.  I struggle with insecurities and I asked God to reveal the root of those issues while I was away.  I felt like he gave me a day of contentment and peace.  He allowed me to feel that and grasp it and believe it.  I felt like He showed me my strengths and helped me like them.  And the best part was that I came home to a clean house, bathed kids and a husband snuggling with all three girls!  It truly was a weekend of wisdom that filled my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment