Monday, April 21, 2014

The Story of a Wedding Band


So....pretty cool story!  On our wedding night, after all the craziness of the wedding day, we settled into a nice hotel and Dan presented me with a plain silver wedding band.  He said that some day I might not want to wear my diamond ring and I might want to wear a simple band instead.  Like if I was playing sports or something and the diamond would get in the way. It was a very sweet gesture, but I put the ring away for when I might need it....and I forgot about it.

About a week ago, Dan and I were sitting down for the evening to watch television and I noticed that my diamond wedding ring didn't feel right.  I pulled my hand out from under the blanket and saw that the diamond was missing.  Ugh!  We made it almost ten years and I have never lost my ring or the diamond.  The good news is that we had insurance on it so it is getting fixed.  Thank goodness!  But I was suddenly without something on my left hand.  The left hand that has had a ring on it for so long.  The next morning after I lost my ring I went to my jewelry organizer to find a necklace to wear with my outfit.  And as I was searching around my eye caught sight of the single wedding band that Dan gave me all those years ago.  I was so excited to see it and know that I was finally having the moment that he bought it for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment