Monday, September 2, 2013

Breakfast

When I was a public school teacher, I hated eating breakfast.  Most mornings I would just skip that meal.  I didn't like to take the time to eat it and nothing sounded good in the morning.  My diet was completely different then.  Now I rejoice in the value of breakfast and how much our bodies need it.  We need to get our metabolism going for the day and breakfast is a way to do that.  So this past year I have worked hard at finding ways to eat healthy in the morning.  I used to just sit down and eat a bowl of cereal.  But after researching the ingredients in most cereals, I knew I had to find alternatives. 

Here are some new ideas for a healthy breakfast:
  • A bowl of oatmeal with add ins (raisins, maple syrup, fresh fruit, honey)
  • Green smoothie
  • Hot pink smoothie (see recipe below)
  • Scrambled eggs with spinach or other veggies
  • Toast.....bread made from whole grains (I eat Ezekiel bread because it is live sprouts)
  • Green smoothie bowl (use frozen bananas to make it thick) with granola and fruit on top
  • Greek yogurt with granola and fruit
  • Fruit smoothie with ground oats and chia seeds
  • Grapefruit
Hot Pink Smoothie Recipe

1 cup water or coconut water
8 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 raw beet
1 whole carrot
2 tsp vanilla
6 dates



Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment